Pool closing (pool winterizing) is a common process of preparing your pool for the upcoming winter. Pool closing is performed to keep the pool in its best condition and prevent it from any kind of damage during the colder months.
Pool owners are still debating whether the water level should be lowered or not, and it is always the best decision to consult your pool company when you are preparing your pool for closing.
Aqua Leisure Pools offers a full range of pol services for the residents of Virginia Beach, Norfolk, Chesapeake, Portsmouth, and the surrounding areas. Our pool winterizing services include cleaning, inspecting, adjusting chemical level, covering your pool (Please call for the full range of winterizing services). We want to make sure that your pool is kept in the best conditions throughout the winter.
Pool Winterizing Tips
- Pool winterizing starts with cleaning your pool. Remove all toys, ladders, solar blankets and boards from the pool.
- Store everything is a safe and dry location to keep during winter months. Vacuum and brush your pool. Dispose of dirt, debris, and algae.
- Disconnect your pump and filter, and make sure that pump does not contain any water and blow out the pipes. Your pool needs to be as clean as possible before winterizing.
- Add all the necessary pool chemicals.
- Contact your pool service company and inquire which chemicals are the best for your pool. Do not overdo, try to balance the water chemistry exactly as advised.
- Adjusting the water level in your pool during winter is not necessary for the majority of pools. However, it is always a good idea to check with your pool company to make sure that you don’t need to lower the water level in your pool.
- Place a cover on your pool. There are many different brands of pool covers that promise to keep your pool protected during winter. Aqua leisure recommends Loop Loc pool covers as the best way to cover your swimming pool.
- Enjoy a worry free winter.
Please contact Aqua Leisure Pools for a detailed consultation on the products and services for your pool. We offer pool winterizing in Virginia Beach, Norfolk, Chesapeake, Portsmouth, and throughout Hampton roads. Please contact us with all your questions regarding pool winterization and other pool services.