Choosing the Right Pool Cleaner
There’s an old adage that says, “Work smarter, not harder,” and it’s safe to say pool maintenance can follow that guidance. No pool owner wants to spend the majority of their time cleaning their pool, which is why having the most efficient tools to do the job are important. Here are three different types of pool cleaners that can help you make your pool easier to own and more hygienic.
Suction Side Cleaner
If you’re on a tight budget but are also looking for something that functions well, this might be your pick. Suction side cleaners use the suction generated by your main circulation pump to “suck up” remains from the floor and sides of your pool. They have the following benefits:
- This type of cleaner is best for sucking pocket-sized debris because it directs water straight to the filter.
- Some suction side cleaners also clean the walls of the pool while plugged in since they sit close to the surface.
- Suction side cleaners are highly energy-efficient because they run off the suction from your main circulation pump and don’t involve extra equipment.
- They’re usually easy to repair and relatively cost-effective as compared to the pressure side and robotic cleaners.
- They’re also easy to clean and maintain.
Pressure Side Cleaner
Second on our list is the pressure side pool cleaner, which is popular among many pool owners. These pool cleaners possess their own dedicated “hydraulic power,” enabling them to pump water back into the pool once it’s cleaned. Hence, they’re also known as ‘standalone’ cleaners. They offer the following benefits:
- They’re comparatively quicker than the suction side and robotic pool cleaners because they have a separate pool pump dedicated to a single pressure line.
- They can distribute clean filtered water around the pool better than suction-side pool cleaners.
- They have their own debris bag that does not interfere with the performance of the cleaner even if it’s full.
- Pressure cleaners help your pool filtration system to function more efficiently as its filter rarely clogs.
- They are sturdy and long-lasting, making them a good investment.
Last but not least, we have robotic pool cleaners. These are highly recommended if you’re not on a tight budget. They use “advanced brushing technology” that ensures the best cleaning results, and this makes them stand out among other pool cleaners. They have the following benefits:
- They’re able to navigate the pool thoroughly and are self-programmable through a Bluetooth app, cutting time and energy on additional cleaning.
- They’re eco-friendly and safe for the swimming environment as they don’t produce harmful chemicals and gases underwater.
- They remove debris from the circulation pump and prevent the filter from getting clogged frequently.
- Some models possess an active brush that spins with the movement of the cleaner, assisting in systematic and intelligent cleaning.
- These cleaners have a continuous cycle of suction and expulsion of water that ensures accurate reading when examining the water after filtration.
Your Virginia Beach Pool Company
Now that you know about the three primary types of pool cleaners, you can choose which one to get. Remember to purchase according to your budget and needs. If you have any questions regarding which time of pool cleaner is best for you, contact the pool care experts at Aqua Leisure Pools or stop by our Virginia Beach pool supply store today.